Distanzreiten mit Einhorn Forum Index Distanzreiten mit Einhorn
Die Distanzritte in Schleswig Holstein

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it ethical to keep a pet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Distanzreiten mit Einhorn Forum Index -> Die Wertungsart -> Tierschutz und TF
Previous topic :: Next topic  
JoeClark

Masculin

PostPosted: Wed 8 Nov - 11:45 (2017)    Post subject: Is it ethical to keep a pet? Reply with quote

Hello,

I got thinking about the whole treating animals as property thing, and the comparisons that are often made on this website to slavery. 

Some people used to (some still do!) treat their slaves very well, and even had relationships with them. But it is commonly accepted that slavery is wrong. 

So, is owning an animal wrong? 

My thoughts: I grew up in a family that kept pets, and I think it is useful for a child to have a pet, so that they learn responsibility, compassion, and ultimately they will learn to cope with death. And I really miss having an animal in the house BUT at the same time I now feel a little uneasy with the concept - I mean, do animals want to live with us? We always had rescue pets, who seemed quite happy.

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:

https://www.vegtalk.org/animal-rights/ethical-keep-pet-t1557.html

animated infographics

Publicité

PostPosted: Wed 8 Nov - 11:45 (2017)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Distanzreiten mit Einhorn Forum Index -> Die Wertungsart -> Tierschutz und TF All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template SpaceLemon by Mojy, © 2003 Mojy - Mojytech